Payment of Fees Additional Fees Childcare Vouchers Nursery Free Entitlement (NEF) Tax Credits
About Us
The Staff Team
Learning through play
Caring for our Little Rascals
Outings, Events & Visitors
Meals & Nutrition
Policies & Procedures
Session Time & Fees
Partnership with Parents
Photo Gallery
Applying for a Place
Contact Us
Out of School Club
Little Rascals Preschool
Website Privacy
Tax Credits

Tax credits are payments from the government. If you're responsible for at least one child or young person, you may qualify for Child Tax Credit. If you work, but are on a low income, you may qualify for Working Tax Credit. You can often get both types of tax credits. They aren't taxable.

Working tax credit  
Working Tax Credit provides extra help to those parents in lower paid work with dependent children who work at least 16 hours a week.

Child tax credit
Nine out of ten families with children qualify. Families with children can claim Child Tax Credit if their income is no more than £58,175 a year (up to £66,350 if you have a child under one). How much you get depends on things like:

  • how many children or qualifying young people live with you. You may get more if you care for a child under one.
  • if any child or young person is disabled
  • your income

You don't have to be a parent either - anyone who's mainly responsible for a child can claim. If you share responsibility with someone else whom you live with as if you were married or civil partners, you must claim together whether you're married or civil partners or not.

If you share responsibility with someone else who doesn't live with you, and the children or young people also live with them for part of the time, you need to decide between you who has main responsibility. Only the family member with main responsibility can claim Child Tax Credit.

Please refer to your local Inland Revenue for details by calling Tel 0845 300 3900 or by visiting

Copyright 2011. By